The Mortgage Company of Canada (“MCC”) is a Mortgage Investment Corporation (“MIC”) whose objective is to provide investors with an attractive risk-adjusted return by primarilyinvesting in mortgages of single family homes in the Greater Toronto Area. Our experiencedmanagement team ensures efficient operations, follows rigorous underwriting guidelines and leverages MCC’s third-party brokerage relationships as well as its affiliated mortgage brokerage for deal flow. Our Board of Directors, composed of a majortity of independent members, provides corporate governance oversight ensuring that our objectives are pursued on behalf of our investors.
A $100,000 investment in 2009would be worth $183,777 today
The GTA housing market continues to benefit from strong fundamentals, as evidenced by the
- The housing market in Toronto has shown no signs of slowing down. In April, Toronto home sales increased 17% on a year over year basis, driving average prices up 10% over last April3
- Prices were up in all types of houses with Townhomes (20%), Semi-Detached homes (15%) and Detached homes (13%) leading the charge4
- Reflecting the tight supply, home price increases in Ontario (6.5%) are forecast to continue to outpace the national average (3.8%)5
1) Monthly distributions are capped at 9%. Bonuses reflecting yields generated in excess of 9% are paid out quarterly as per the MCC Offering Memorandum
2) Reflects yields earned by the predecessor company prior to the incorporation of the Mortgage Company of Canada on August 8,2013 and those earned by MCC thereafter
3) Source: “Toronto Home Sales Hit Record High, Prices Climb in April” The Globe & Mail, May 5, 2015.
5) Source: “Monthly Housing Market Update” May 15, 2015, RBC Economics.
6) Weighted by book value of loan.
PORTFOLIO SUMMARY (CONT)
Our management team has demonstrated an excellent track record over their combined 40 years of lending experience. Management has approximately $4 million invested in MCC on the same terms as our investors, insuring that our interests are aligned.
RAJ BABBER – Founder, President & Chief Executive Officer and Director
- 15 years of experience in commercial and residential lending
- Founder of CanadaLend.com, one of the largest volume independent mortgage brokering houses in Canada
SANJAY KAITH – Chief Operating Officer
- Over 10 years of experience in mortgage brokering, finance and lending in the small and medium business sector
- Experience and expertise in the residential housing market
GREG GOUTIS CPA, CMA – Chief Financial Officer and Director
- Over 14 years of experience in the construction and real estate industries
- Formally, Vice President, Operations and Chief Financial Officer at The Royalton Retirement Residences
INDEPENDENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MCC is committed to strong corporate governance practices. Accordingly, we have appointed three wellrespected business and finance professionals, with public company experience, as independent members to our Board of Directors.
- Over 19 years of experience in the multi-family residential and commercial real estate sectors in Canada and the United States
- Chairman of the Board of True North Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust (TN.UN:TSX) and True North Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust (TNT.UN:TSX), and Chief Executive Officer of Starlight Investments Ltd.
- Over 17 years of experience within the finance and real estate sectors
- Chief Financial Officer at Credit Suisse Canada
- Former Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of MCAN Mortgage Corporation (MKP:TSX)
- Over 15 years of experience in the financial sector
- Partner at Imperial Capital Group, a leading mid-market private equity player
- Former Vice President of Teachers’ Private Capital, the private equity arm of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Former member of the Board of Equity Financial Holdings (EQI:TSX)
* These materials are not to be distributed, reproduced or communicated to a third party without the express written consent of the Mortgage Company of Canada. These materials are for informational purposes only and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy securities. Past results are not indicative of future performance.
As at April 30, 2015
Mortgages Under Mgmt . . . . .$37.6 MM
Average Loan Value . . . . . . . . . . .$138K
Average Term to Maturity. . . 6.1 months
Residential. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .99%
Commercial . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1%
Participating in DRIP. . . . . . . . .57.7%
Total number of investors . . . . . .161
To learn more about investing with
MCC, please call or email:
President and CEO
T : 905-886-5352 ext. 222
Target Investor Yield
- 9% plus quarterly bonus
- Distributions paid monthly
Dividend Reinvestment Plan
- DRIP available
- Locked in for 1 year, 90-day notice
for redemption thereafter
- No redemption fees
- 0.5% annual base fee
- Perfomance fee above minimum
threshold return of 9.5%
Deferred Income Plans
- Eligible for RRSP, RRIF, RESP,
Grant Thornton LLP
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP